Click or tap for Coronavirus-related service disruption

Development Proposals - New Housing

If you are proposing new housing including within the countryside or within a settlement you will need to apply for the following consents/permissions:

Planning Permissions and Building Warrants


Road Permissions and Permits

Water Supply Matters

Building a New House in the Countryside

The documents linked below are very important if you are looking to build a house in the countryside. Please make sure you read these before submitting an application.

Housing in the Countryside Guidance (PDF) Design Standards and Transportation Requirements

Contact Us

Development Management
Economic Growth & Development
The Moray Council
PO Box 6760, Elgin
IV30 9BX

0300 1234561

Rate this Page