Click or tap for Coronavirus-related service disruption

Development Proposals - Hotel, Restaurant, Hot Food Takeaway and Public House Proposals

If you are proposing developments such as a hotel, restaurant, hot food takeaway or public house you will need to apply for the following consents/permissions:

Planning Permissions and Building Warrants


Road Permissions and Permits




Food Safety Matters



*Planning permission may not be required because some works to business and industrial premises do not require formal consent - these works are known as permitted development. These exceptions are determined by Scottish Government

**If your proposal affects a building which is listed as being of architectural or historic interest you may require listed building consent

Food businesses must register 28 days before opening

Contact Us

Development Management
Economic Growth & Development
The Moray Council
PO Box 6760, Elgin
IV30 9BX

0300 1234561

Rate this Page