Road Openings

This permit includes dropped kerbs, utility connections, lay-bys and new access roads.

Before digging up any public road, footpath/footway or verge for any purpose, you must apply for permission using the form below, and submit it with the Correct Fee (Word).

Please allow the correct notice periods as indicated on the form so that we can process and issue the permit.

Your contractor must hold public liability insurance and a current SWQR card as issued by the Street Works Qualification Register before being allowed to work on the public road, footpath/footway or verge. An abridged list of contractors who we know have the necessary insurance and SWQR cars is attached to the application form for your information, other contractors may also be available.

Application Form (Word)

List of Accredited Contractors (Word)

Contact Us

Roads Permits and Permissions

Rate this Page