Click or tap for Coronavirus-related service disruption

Development Proposals - House Extensions and Alterations

If you are making an alteration or extension to a house you will need to get the following consents/permissions:

Planning Permissions and Building Warrants


Road Permissions and Permits



*Planning permission may not be required because some works to houses do not require formal consent - these works are known as permitted development . These exceptions are determined by Scottish Government.

**If your proposal affects a building which is listed as being of architectural or historic interest you may require listed building consent

Contact Us

Development Management
Economic Growth & Development
The Moray Council
PO Box 6760, Elgin
IV30 9BX

0300 1234561

Rate this Page