Council House Repairs

Housing Repairs 

All new non-emergency repairs can be reported by phoning our Contact Centre on 0300 123 4566 during office hours, 8.45am - 5pm.  Please note our Contact Centre can be very busy between 8:45am and 10am and 12 noon to 2pm.  Where possible, we would appreciate if you can call out with these times to avoid any unnecessary waiting time. All repairs will be prioritised depending on the nature of the repair.

The health and safety of our tenants, their families, our staff and our contractors is our number one priority.  See our guidelines for visiting your home.  Although face coverings are now not mandatory, we will ensure that all tenants are consulted prior to us entering your home, and if asked, our staff  will be happy to wear them.

Reporting Repairs

During office hours - Monday - Friday between 8.45am and 5pm - all repairs should be reported by phoning 0300 123 4566.  All repairs will be prioritised depending on the nature of the repair.

Out-of-hours emergencies - Between 5pm and 8.45am and at weekends - please phone 03457 565656.

Other emergency numbers that you may need are below:

  • National gas emergencies call 0800 111 999
  • Scottish Water call 0800 0778 778
  • Electricity supply call 105

Timescales for Repairs

Emergency repairs - within four hours         Urgent repairs - within the next working day
Priority repairs - within five working days    Ordinary repairs - within 20 working days

Certain repairs are our responsibility, and others are your responsibility.  We will tell you when we you contact us if the repair is our responsibility or not.

We will: keep your house wind and watertight, keep in good repair the structure and any installations within your house - sanitation and supplying gas and electricity.
You should: report repairs as soon as possible, report to us and the police any vandalism to your property, and take care of your house, including carrying out minor repairs and decorating the inside.

You can read more information on who is responsible for repairs to your home.  You can also find out more about insuring the contents of your home through our tenant insurance scheme.

Read about the cost of repairs.

Contact Us

Housing and Property

Contact Us

Emergency Out of Hours

03457 565656

Rate this Page