Building Standards - Forms
It's quick and simple to apply for a building warrant and related certificates online, but if you prefer to submit a paper application, you can do so using the documents and guidance below.
- Building Warrant Application Pack (PDF) (15 pages, 544 KB)
- Application for Building Warrant (PDF) (7 pages, 100 KB)
- Table of Fees (PDF) (1 page, 28 KB)
- Guidance Notes (PDF) (1 page, 110 KB)
- Amendment of Building Warrant (PDF) (4 pages, 42 KB) NB: for applications lodged on or after 1 May 2005
- Submission of Amended Plans (PDF) (1 page, 149 KB)
- Form 5 Completion Certificate Submission (PDF) (5 pages, 119 KB)
- Form 6 Completion Certificate where no Building Warrant Obtained (PDF) (5 pages, 409 KB)
- Extend Period of Validity of a Building Warrant (PDF) (1 page, 90.70KB) NB: for applications lodged on or after 1 May 2005
- Guidance on Electrical Installations (PDF) (2 pages, 43 KB)
- Form Q - Notice of Finalisation of Design Details (PDF) (1 page, 66 KB)
- Alternative Solution Detail Sheet (PDF) (2 pages, 62 KB) NB: for use when it is not proposed to design in accordance with the Technical Handbooks
Copies of documents can't be requested online via the eBuilding Standards Portal, however you can apply using the Moray Council eForm or complete a paper version if you prefer. Full details can be found by clicking the button below.
Letters of comfort can't be requested online, however you can use the form below to email or post your application to Moray Council.
- Application for Letter of Comfort (PDF) (2 pages, 109 KB) NB: this is a non statutory service that provides confirmation by the local authority that no enforcement action will take place where:
- work has been undertaken without a Building Warrant that was completed prior to 1 May 2005, or
- where a Building warrant has been granted but no Completion Certificate obtained.