Dampness and condensation can cause problems to your property and your health. Use this checklist to keep your home warm, dry and healthy.
- Make sure you heat and ventilate your home
- If you have an extractor fan in your kitchen, use it when you are cooking or washing. If you have one in the bathroom, use it when you have a bath or shower. If you don’t have an extractor fan, open a window to let the steam out.
- Air the house by opening the windows for a little while every day, this will also help keep the condensation down.
- Try not to dry clothes on radiators as the water from the clothes will circulate round your house instead.
- Try to keep the central heating on a low heat for longer, rather than having it on for a short time at a high heat
You can view a printable version of this checklist.
Housing and Property