Consumer and Welfare Links
- Age Scotland - Is a charity working throughout Scotland for the benefit of older people - use the search facility to find information, checkout the latest news or download a factsheet.
- Charities on the Net-The Encyclopaedia of UK Charities on the Internet - split into categories such as aged, blind, deaf, disabled, health, maritime etc.
- Citizens Advice Scotland- Find a CAB in your area, get started with basic advice from the 'Advice guide', covering a range of topics including: debt, benefits, housing, legal matters, employment, immigration and consumer issues.
- Department for Work and Pensions-Gives a comprehensive listing of benefits and services along with details on each benefit - who is eligible, how to apply etc. you can download an application form or apply on-line.
- Grampian Caredata - This database contains a wealth of information about local groups, community services and health services in the North East of Scotland.
- Moray Council Trading Standards Department -The service is responsible for administering trading standards legislation which governs the quality, quantity, safety, price and description of goods and services. They will advise on all aspects of credit and debt and will formulate a repayment programme which recognises the client’s overall financial situation. The service is strictly confidential.
- Scottish Public Service Ombudsman - Find out how to make a complaint about organisations providing public services in Scotland - councils, housing associations, NHS, Scottish Government etc.
- SCVO - The Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO) is the umbrella body for voluntary organisations in Scotland, with offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness.