How to Make a Preliminary Enquiry

If you are enquiring if you need planning permission, please complete an Informal Determination Form (PDF).

If you are enquiring on the likelihood of obtaining planning permission please complete the Pre-advice form (PDF) or the Operating a Business from Home Form (PDF). Ensure that you have read the Pre-advice guidance (PDF)  before completing the form to submit your request for pre-application advice. Preliminary advice will only be given where the form is completed and the necessary information is provided.

Before you submit any forms, we advise that you read our plans, policies and guidance to be fully informed.

Please email us your completed documents, or send them to: Manager (Development Management), Environmental Services, The Moray Council, High Street, Elgin, IV30 1BX.

An acknowledgement letter will either be sent out or emailed to you informing you of the Officer dealing with your enquiry and their contact details. A written response will be provide within 28 days. If additional information is requested then this may extend the response time period.

Duty Planning Officer

A duty planning officer is available Monday to Friday between 2pm and 4pm at Elgin Access Point to offer guidance and advice as to how to submit a proposal.

Contact Us

Development Management
Environmental Services
The Moray Council
PO Box 6760, Elgin
IV30 9BX

0300 1234561

Rate this Page