FAQ - Q8 - I am having difficulty caring for my child and think I need help. Who can I speak to?


You could speak to a health visitor, teacher, nursery worker, your family doctor or a member of the Children & Family Access Team.  All of these people can help you to find the support you need to take care of your child.

If you have concerns about a child please contact the Children & Family Access Team Monday to Friday from 9 am until 5 pm.  The Duty Officer will be available to discuss concerns about the care and protection of any child in the local community. Out with these hours enquiries are dealt with by the Out of Hours Service. Or you could call Parentline Scotland a free telephone helpline for anyone caring for children in Scotland, on 08000 28 22 33..

Back to FAQ's

Rate this Page