FAQ - Q7 - I am concerned about a child. Should I speak to the child about my worries?


If there are signs which make you worried about a child it may be appropriate for you to speak to the child directly if it’s in their best interests. However, if you are going to share these concerns with another professional then you must inform the child. If you are unsure speak to someone first.

If you have concerns about a child please contact the Children & Family Access Team Monday to Friday from 9 am until 5 pm.  The Duty Officer will be available to discuss concerns about the care and protection of any child in the local community. Out with these hours enquiries are dealt with by the Out of Hours Service.

Alternatively you could speak to a health visitor, teacher, nursery worker, family doctor, social worker, police officer or children's reporter.

Back to FAQ's

Rate this Page