FAQ - Q6 - I am concerned about a child, but they have not complained they are being badly treated. Should I wait until they do before sharing my concerns?


Children who are being abused or neglected may choose to speak to an adult but this is not always the case.  If there are other signs which make you worried about a child you should always report it to someone who can protect the child.

If you have concerns about a child please contact the Child Protection Duty Team located at Gordon Street in Elgin, Monday to Friday from 9 am until 5 pm.  The Duty Officer will be available to discuss concerns about the care and protection of any child in the local community.  Out with these hours enquiries are dealt with by the Out of Hours Service.

Alternatively you could speak to a health visitor, teacher, nursery worker, family doctor, social worker, police officer or children's reporter.

Back to FAQ's

Online Services

A-Z of Online Forms |

Rate this Page