FAQ - Q2 - What signs should I be concerned about?


Children who are being abused or neglected may choose to speak to an adult but this is not always the case. If there are signs which may make you worry that a child has been abused, then you should report your concerns. The child may have unexplained bruising, or bruising in an unusual place, seem afraid, quiet or withdrawn, be afraid to go home, or seem hungry, tired or unkempt.  You may be concerned if a child is left alone or unsupervised, has too much responsibility for their age, is acting in a sexually inappropriate way or is misusing drugs or alcohol.

You may also see behaviour in an adult which makes you worry about any children they care for.  For example, an adult may be acting violently or sexually towards a child or someone else, misusing drugs or alcohol while caring for a child or be verbally abusive towards a child.

Back to FAQ's

Rate this Page