Moray Local Awards Committee (MLAC)
Moray Local Awards Committee is a registered Scottish charity (SCO43423) set up to support and benefit the adult volunteers and participants of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award throughout Moray in partnership with Moray Council.
In addition to the nominated leadership team, all DofE Moray volunteers (Coordinators, Group Leaders, Expedition Supervisors, Assessors, Assistants, and other volunteers) are members of the committee. As a committee member you can attend committee meetings to voice opinions or concerns and request assistance. The committee also offers an opportunity to engage views and experiences.
- Committee meeting at least three times a year.
- Holding an Annual General Meeting.
- Fundraising to support young people and the adult volunteers for items such as expedition equipment and volunteer training costs.
- Looking at new ways to better support young people and adults and continuing to develop links within the local and wider community.
Date of Next Meetings:
- 17 August 18 AGM starting at 19:00 in the Elgin Community Centre
Mick Morley (Chair)
Vince Stuart (Vice)
Anthony Brown (Treasurer)
Duke of Edinburgh Moray Award Officer
Lossiemouth Community Centre