The Moray Council can provide information on historical land use and preliminary assessment of contamination risk potential for particular sites within Moray. This available through the services listed below. There is no restriction on the size of a site; however, the larger, the less representative the risk assessment will be. For large sites, we recommend you discuss your requirements with the Environmental Health Section.
Property Enquiry Certificate
A Property Enquiry Certificate is a document produced by the Council, usually requested as part of a conveyancing property search, which provides information about various aspects of the status of a property. As part of this service, the Environmental Health Section identifies whether the site is on the Contaminated Land Register and provides a preliminary risk assessment ranking based on historical land use.
If you would like more information go to our FAQs page
Tel: 0300 1234562
Land Use Reports
See fees table
To request a Land Use Report, contact the Contaminated Land Section, preferably by email using the information at the left of this page. Please note that reports will be issued electronically, unless a specific request is made otherwise, in which case an additional charge may apply.
Level 1 Land Use Report
- Historic industrial uses within 50m of the site.
- Historic waste disposal activities within 250m of the site.
- Private water supplies within 250m of the site.
- Non-confidential information on complaints, spills/incidents, historic licences and outstanding notices/orders on the site or adjacent land.
- Preliminary contamination risk ranking.
- Historic and current industrial uses within 250m of the site.
- Historic and current waste disposal activities within 1 km of the site.
- Private water supplies within 1km of the site.
- Surface water and ecological receptors within 1km of the site.
- Non-confidential information on complaints, spills/incidents, historic licences and outstanding notices/orders on the site/adjacent land.
Preliminary contamination risk ranking.
Map Package only
This report includes copies of relevant historical and present day Ordnance Survey maps held by the Council. The map package is included free of charge within a Level 2 Land Use Report.
Contamination Enquiry Reports
Contamination Enquiry Reports include all information available to the Environmental Health Section with respect to the following:
- Historic industrial uses within 50 metres of the site
- Historic waste disposal activities within 250 metres of the site
- Relevant additional information on contamination held by the Environmental Health Section pertaining to the site and its immediate vicinity.
Contaminated Land Section
The Moray Council