Elgin Transport Strategy Consultation
The draft Elgin Transport Strategy aims to keep Elgin moving for the future, and to meet our growth needs with a 14 year horizon to 2030.
Our vision through the Transport Strategy is to make sure that Elgin is a desirable, vibrant and healthy place to live, work and visit for all. Our transport network needs to enable Elgin to grow and develop as planned for in our Local Development Plan 2015. This includes more housing, school, leisure facilities and employment sites
What will the strategy cover?
The draft Elgin Transport Strategy:
• sets out proposals for improvements to the transport network across the city over the next 14 years including roads, junctions, crossings and cycle routes
• develops ways to help people become more active, walking and cycling more often and promotes more use of public transport
• helps to shape the future development of Elgin by contributing to the next review of the Moray Local Development Plan
If you have any problems downloading or viewing this document, please contact us on 0300 123 4565 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Public Consultation closed on 16th February 2017.All the response are summarised in the links below:
1. Appendix 2 Consultation Process for Committee Report
2. ETS Consultation Free Text Responses from Questionnaire Annex B
3. ETS Consultation Individual Written Representations Responses Annex C
STRATEGIC ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT
Have your say
A draft Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) has been undertaken to support the draft Elgin Transport Strategy. You can comment on the draft SEA via the following methods:
• View the draft Elgin Transport Strategy and SEA (see above) and submit your comments via our online form
• View paper copies of the documents at Moray Council Access points and complete a response form
Please view the associated documents by selecting the appropriate links below:
The closing date for comments is 12th May 2017.
What happens next?
Once we have considered your views on the draft Strategic Environmental Assessment and made any changes based on your comments, we will report the findings of the SEA consultation.