Kinship Care Appendix 1 Process for Application Forms and Checks
Process for application form and checks
- The assessment process will start when the prospective Kinship care returns the completed and signed application form to the Clerical Assistant, Placement Services (Kinship Care), 6 Moss Street, Elgin, IV30 1LU, 01343 563563.
- Kinship worker will arrange for completion of Disclosure forms and health forms and for the processing of these together with checks to local authorities and references (letter and form).
- There should be Disclosures completed on adults in the household: adult being any person 16+yrs.
- Worker should discuss with those adults the process and purpose of Disclosure and confirm the evidence that will be needed- driving licence / passport/ birth certificate etc
- Worker should witness, photocopy and sign copied evidence, recording the date on which they witnessed the originals.
- Disclosure forms should be signed by the proposed carer.
- The Clerical Assistant will confirm when the Disclosure is returned and arrange for a memo evidencing the outcome of the check to be placed on the Kinship Carers file.
- The Kinship Worker will notify the Child’s Social Worker of the outcome of the checks
- Kinship Worker will record details of outcome of enquiries for Disclosure in Carefirst. The assessing worker will record this within the assessment report, together with any discussion as appropriate.
Problems / amendments required to LAC Manual?
Please contact Linda Pearce