Elgin War Memorial
Elgin War Memorial, located on the Plainstones on the High Street in front of St. Giles Church.
It is in the form of a bronze togate male figure holding aloft a torch in his left hand symbolising peace and with a sword lowered in the right hand signifying victory.
This figure stands on a stone column with bronze plaque, which in turn stands on a curved stepped base flanked by low walls bearing 2 further bronze plaques to the casualties of WW2.
Underneath these is a further plaque to a victim on the Korean War.
The Memorial was unveiled by the Duke of Richmond and Gordon and Colonel C. F. Johnstone, 4th December 1921.
Lands, Parks and Countryside