Moray Sensory Education Service Introduction
The Moray Sensory Education Service (SES) comprises the Hearing Education Service and the Visual Education Service. SES is a peripatetic service staffed by:
- Teachers who specialise in working with deaf and visually impaired children.
- Communication assistants trained and qualified in using British Sign Language (BSL) or Braille
- Auxiliaries experienced in working with pupils with sensory impairment.
The Aims of the Moray Sensory Education Service
- To promote access and opportunity for deaf and visually impaired children within Moray to ensure they achieve to their full potential.
- To work collaboratively with parents and school to ensure a high quality of education appropriate to the needs of the child.
- To offer support, advice and training opportunities to school staff and parents.