We are committed to managing your waste and recycling collection service in a manner that is sustainable, good value for money and meets your business needs. We will:
- Clearly explain the service, how it operates and the commitment to collect
- Provide a regular and reliable waste and recycling collection service
- Inform you of any changes to your service
- Respond to the diverse needs of our customers, adapting our approach as needed
- Carry out collections in a way that doesn’t cause litter
- Always be courteous and polite and respond promptly to complaints
- Answer phone calls promptly
- Respond to letters or emails within 10 working days
- Regularly review our working practices to ensure we are always offering the best service
- Publish our performance on our website
Our aim is to provide you with a quality, reliable service at a fixed cost. We will provide you with a guaranteed fixed price and service that is tailored to your individual requirements. We do not lock our customers into lengthy contracts; all we require is one month’s written notice to cease our service, and, we do not charge VAT on our services.
We offer the following recycling and waste management solutions:
- Recycling and waste containers
- Pre-paid sacks for commercial waste
- Business support to help you minimise your waste for maximum efficiency
- Recyclable materials handling - we offer a comprehensive service for collection and processing of paper, cardboard, plastics, cans and glass bottles and jars.
- Recycling and waste services for events
The following options are available to our customers to help manage recycling and waste effectively:
- Dedicated Commercial Waste Officer available for discussions and site visits
- Help with waste analysis to ensure that you can have a bespoke service to help you minimise your waste and dispose of your remaining waste in a safe, legal, cost effective and environmentally friendly manner
- Comprehensive Commercial Waste Information Guide (pdf) which provides advice to help manage recycling and waste effectively, it includes:
- Benefits of managing waste
- Duty of Care legislation and responsibilities
- Waste (Scotland) Regulations 2012 and other relevant legislation
- Waste Carrier responsibilities
- Waste Transfer Notes
- Staff training
We can offer a number of containers suitable for recyclable and waste materials. These containers are emptied on a regular collection. They are a cost effective as we charge per container not per the weight content of the bin, and clean way to store recycling and waste and the containers are available in a number of sizes according to the storage space available and the amount of waste generated.
Containers are available in the following capacities:
|1280 ltr Container||1260||985||1430|
|1100 ltr Container||1370||1079||1385|
|660 ltr Container||1250||720||1310|
|360 ltr Container||665||880||1115|
|240 ltr Container||585||740||1100|
|80 ltr Sack||80 litre sack|
Charges are based on the wheeled bin size required NOT the weight content of the bin. It is the customers responsibility to present the waste for collection and charges are payable in advance. There are a variety of payment options available including quarterly or annual invoicing or monthly, quarterly or annual Direct Debit payment.
From 20 October 2014, the Single Use Carrier Bag Regulations came in to effect. This saw a requirement for all Scottish retailers to charge their customers a minimum of 5p when using new, single use carrier bags. This charge includes bags made from plastic, paper, or plant based material.