FOI Request - Asbestos In Schools
Under FOISA, please provide:
1. The number of the schools in your area that contain asbestos, broken down into type of asbestos (white, brown and/or blue).
2. The names of the schools in your area that contain asbestos.
3. The date and outcome of the last independent audit or inspection of each of these schools Asbestos Management Plans.
4. The number of any reported incidents of asbestos exposure in these schools between 2010 and 2019.
5. Number of any improvement or prohibition notice served or guidance issued by the HSE in relation to the management of asbestos in schools in your area in the last 5 years.
6. The number of school employees (existing and retired staff to include teaching staff, school support staff and caretakers, etc) and ex-pupils that have pursued a claim against the Council for exposure to asbestos within a school in your area since 2010
7. The number of these claims at 6. that have been settled since 2010
8. The amount of money that has been paid in settlement of these claims at 6 (with and without your authority accepting responsibility), since 2010
9. The details of training offered to school governors, teachers or similar who carry out an inspection.
10. Finally, the number of times you have commissioned emergency asbestos air testing across your school’s estate.
The response to your request can be found here.