FOI Request - Residential Family Centres
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 I would like to request the following information regarding residential family centres. Please provide answers on the attached and accompanying spreadsheet.
I understand I incorrectly sent an FOI request with the English terminology instead of Scottish, please ignore that request and process this one instead.
Residential family centres would be registered with the Scottish Care Inspectorate. Residential family centres can be defined as any establishment that provides residential services for parents and their children in order to monitor and assess the parents’ ability to respond to their children’s needs and to safeguard and promote their children’s welfare. This definition excludes hospitals, independent clinics, hostels or domestic violence refuges, and accommodation where the fact that children are with the adults is incidental to meeting the adults’ needs.
Please supply this information for 2021/22, 2022/23 and the most up to date figures for 2023/24.
1. Who within the Local Authority has the commissioning responsibility for residential family centre placements. Please provide their:
b. Job Title
c. Telephone number
d. Email address
2. Please could you provide the average weekly fee paid to an independent residential family centre for a 12 week residential programme.
3. Please provide the total number of family placements in made an independent residential family centre each year for a minimum of 12 weeks residential programme
4. Please provide a list of the independent residential family centre provider names with which families were placed during the year.
1. -4. Not held. We do not currently commission any residential family centres so would be unable to provide a response to this FOI. Information that is not held falls under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 - Information not held.