FOI Request - School Children Information
1. How many school children are in stage 3 and 4 of staged intervention (who require additional support outside of their school establishment)?
2. How many school children have been referred to an inclusion group seeking an alternative pathway/provision? How many of these referrals have been successful?
3. How many children are in part-time education due to capacity at an alternative provision?
4. How many children with additional support needs are currently being home schooled?
5. How many places are there in a SEN school/nursery every year (last three years at least if possible), and how many children need/request a place every year?
1. Moray Council is an inclusive council. All pupils are enrolled in a mainstream school and at Targeted level are supported through Child Planning. The SEBN team are working with schools to support 80 primary and 52 secondary pupils. The Autism team are working with schools to support 28 primary and 49 secondary pupils.
2. All pupils are enrolled in a mainstream school, and at Targeted level are supported through Child Planning. We do not have an inclusion group seeking alternative pathways or provisions
3. There is no alternative provision. All pupils are enrolled in a mainstream school and at Targeted level are supported through Child Planning. Through Child Planning, the Team Around the Child may agree a planned, progressive adapted curriculum is required to meet the young person's needs. Outcomes are identified, planned, monitored and tracked by the young person's school through the Child Planning process, in partnership with the young person's family
4. Currently this data is not held. Information that is not held falls under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 - Information not held.
5. We currently have 3 developmental nurseries in Moray; Ladybird, Teddy Bear and Noah's Ark. Each setting offers a variety of space to children with ASN depending on the needs. Ladybird offers our children with the most severe and complex (life limiting) support needs ELC - they do not offer any "mainstream". Teddy Bear is not offering full 1140hrs due to challenges around space/premises; however, since they resumed service in February 2023 they have had numbers increasing. Noah's Ark tend to offer 3/4 ASN children spaces and the remainder are mainstream. Noah's are finding if the take in any more than 3/4 ASN children then they do not have the physical space to accommodate.