FOI Request - Registered Blind Data
Freedom of Information Request 2022
Please complete the following to the best of your knowledge:
1. Please complete the table below with details of those people aged over 16 registered as sight impaired (partially sighted) or as blind (severely sight impaired) within your Local Authority for the year 2021.
Registered visually impaired
75 and over
2. How frequently do you review the registration data?
3. When you review the registration data do you cross reference with deaths data? YES/NO
4. Please provide details of how a registration request is managed once received within your Local Authority and provide any policy information.
5. Once an individual is on the Register, what provision does this unlock in your Local Authority; please provide details and any policy documentation.
6. Does the applicant receive a registration card or similar? YES/NO If yes, please provide details.
7. Is the data shared with any other department or organisation? YES/NO If yes, who?
1.-7. Not held. We commission NESS (North East Sensory Services) to provide this service on our behalf and so they hold the data being requested. Information that is not held falls under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 - Information not held. You can find their contact details here: https://www.nesensoryservices.org/