FOI Request - Provision of Short-Term Wheelchairs
As per the Scottish Government’s statutory guidance on the provision of wheelchairs on short term loan published in March 2021, I would appreciate if you could provide information on the delivery of this guidance.
The guidance states:
“Health Boards, local authorities and Integration Authorities must have suitable arrangements in place to meet any eligible needs for a wheelchair on short-term loan, for up to a maximum of 6 months, to ensure no gaps in service provision. These arrangements must also be monitored, and reported within the Integration Authority.”
The Minister for Mental Wellbeing and Social Care stated in a parliamentary written question that:
“we would expect the guidance to be fully implemented across all Health and Social Care Partnerships by March 2022”.
I would be grateful if you would provide:
1. How many wheelchairs have been provided on a short-term loan since March 2022.
2. How many people you estimate will be eligible for a wheelchair annually.
3. How arrangements are being monitored and reported within the integration authority.
4. If you consider the guidance to be fully implemented by your integration authority or when you expect this to be the case.
5. Which Community Equipment Service or commissioned provider you use and what range of equipment is provided.
1. - 5. Not held. We don't provide wheelchairs directly. For Highland and Forres area, they come from Raigmore Wheelchair Service firstname.lastname@example.org
For Elgin and the rest of Moray they come from MARS in Aberdeen email@example.com
Information that is not held falls under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 - Information not held.