FOI Request - Care/Care Experience
I would like to request the following information under the freedom of information (Scotland) Act, all references to “care” “care experience” are in relation to children/young person being looked after or accommodated (as set out in Section 17(6) of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995) by a local authority either now or in the past and should not be confused with other types of care.
1. How many relevant persons in relation to children appealed to a sheriff after a decision by your LA to detain them in secure care?
2. How many relevant persons in relation to children had a decision to detain them in secure care overturned by a sheriff?
3. How many children appealed to a sheriff after a decision by your LA to detain them in secure care?
4. How many children had a decision to detain them in secure care overturned by a sheriff?
5. How many sibling groups have been taken into care in your LA area?
6. How many sibling groups have been separated after being taken into care in your LA area?
7. Does your LA ask potential employees if they have experience of care during the recruitment process?
8. What percentage of your workforce have care experience?
9. Do new employees receive training on their role as Corporate Parents as part of any induction process?
10. What specific policies or supports do you have in place for employees who have experience of care?
11. How many care experienced people have your LA housed in temporary accommodation?
12. How many care experienced people have registered as homeless with your LA area?
13. How many times has your LA notified the Care Inspectorate of the death of a looked after child or young person?
14. What percentage of eligible care experienced people up to age 26 access their exemption to paying Council Tax within your LA area?
15. How many eligible care experienced parents where offered early years places for their children at age 2 and what percentage of care experienced parents with 2 year old children does this number represent?
16. Does your LA remove children from school to attend children’s hearings or related meetings regarding their care?
17. What is the average amount of school days lost due to absence by care experienced primary aged pupils in your LA?, and the same for non-care experienced primary pupils?
18. What is the average amount of school days lost due to absence by care experienced secondary aged pupils in your LA?, and the same for non-care experienced secondary pupils?
19. How many primary aged care experienced pupils have been formally excluded from school in your LA area?
20. How many secondary aged care experienced pupils have been formally excluded from school in your LA area?
21. How many secondary aged care experienced pupils have been on a reduced timetable? What is the average reduction in teaching hours? Same for non-care experienced pupils
22. How many times within your LA area have council/HSCP staff working in children’s residential care contacted Police Scotland about the behaviour of a child living in a residential house setting?
23. How many children that your LA are directly responsible for are in placements outside your LA area? Since 05/02/2020 what has been the cost of these placements to the Council?
24. What is the weekly/monthly allowance for Foster Carers that your LA directly commissions?
25. Has the allowance paid to Foster carers increased since 05/02/2020?
26. Does your LA provide Passports to all young people leaving care as a valid proof of identity?
27. Does your LA offer to fund driving and or driving theory lessons or tests for all care experienced 17-26 year olds?
28. Does your LA provide or offer extra private tuition to all secondary aged care experienced pupils?
29. How many care experienced people up to age 26 are currently on a waiting list for a referral/appointment with CAMHS in your LA area?
30. Does your LA offer rent exemptions to care experienced people in receipt of the higher education care experienced bursary distributed by SAAS? If so, how many care experienced people have benefitted from this?
31. How much funding has your LA received to 1/6/2022 to implement the recommendations with The Promise reports?
32. Has your LA formally agreed to implement the recommendations of The Promise? What is the projected cost of implementing these recommendations?
Clarification sought 30-06-2022
No clarification received therefore request closed 07-06-2023