FOI Request - Housing Waiting List
This request relates to the authority's Housing Waiting List
1. How many households were removed from the Housing Waiting List in 2021 (or the last full calendar year where figures are available)?
2. Please provide a list of the reasons given for the removal from the list?
3. How many households were removed from the list because of death?
4. How many households have been on the list for:
(a) between five years and ten years
(b) ten years or more
5. With regards to households that have been on the list the longest, how long have they been on the list?
For this response we have assumed you are interested in our overall housing register which includes waiting, transfer and homeless list applicants.
1. In 2021, there were 1,712 cancelled applications.
2021 Cancelled Applications No.
APPLICANT NO LONGER AT ADDRESS 317
REHOUSING NO LONGER REQUIRED 123
APPLY4HOMES APPLICATION CHECKING 119
NEW ACCOMMODATION FOUND BY APPLICANT 115
MANDATORY DETAILS REQUIRED 46
APPLICANT DECEASED 28
DUPLICATE APPLICATION 19
MUTUAL EXCHANGE REFUSED OR WITHDRAWN 17
NEW APPLICATION FORM REQUIRED 14
OPERATOR ERROR 12
CHANGE OF TENANCY STATUS 8
NOT QUALIFIED FOR HOUSING LIST 6
NOT PRESENTLY INTERESTED APPL TO CONTACT 3
TERMINATION OF TENANCY 3
HOMELESS APPLICATION WITHDRAWN 1
APPLICANT IN PRISON 1
NOT HOMELESS/NO LONGER HOMELESS 1
MUTUAL EXCHANGE COMPLETED 1
Cancelled Not Re-registered 878
Grand Total 1712
4. & 5. The following reflects the position as at 16 June 2022. However, it is important to note that some applications will not be at an offerable status. In addition, with the exception of homeless households who are normally rehoused in date order, we operate a needs based allocations policy. The total number of points on the application determines the position on the housing list at any given time and we do not award any points associated with length of time spent on the list. An applicant’s circumstances may worsen or improve during the life of their housing application and this means their total number of points may be reassessed and their position can change frequently. Our policy is available at www.moray.gov.uk/downloads/file125428.pdf
4a) 219 of the 3,469 households currently on the housing list have been waiting for between 5 and 10 years.
b) 101 of the 3,469 households currently on the housing list have been waiting for 10 or more years.
5. 46 years but this application is at a non offerable status because they are not presently interested in an offer of housing.