FOI Request - Community Equipment Service
1. Which provider do you use for your current Community Equipment Service?
2. Is the Community Equipment contract in partnership with any other local authority or CCG? If so please provide a list of other organisations that share this contract
3. When did your current Community Equipment Service contract(s) start, and what is the contract end date? Please include any information on contract extensions.
4. What is the annual spend of the Community Equipment contract for the last five years (year end 31 March)? If not available, please provide data for any available years. Please specify if these values relate only to your LA or for other bodies (e.g. CCGs)
5. What proportion of the 2019/20 budget was funded by the LA(s), CCG(s) and other(s)?
6. Is provision of Telecare Services included within the current Community Equipment Service contract?
a. If no, which provider do you use for Telecare Services?
7. What is the annual spend of the Telecare Services contract for the last three years (year end 31 March)? If not available, please provide data for any available years. Please specify if these values relate only to your LA or for other bodies (e.g. CCGs). Please clarify if this is this in addition the spend outlined in question 4.
1. The community equipment service is an internally run service with contracts for the supply and maintenance of equipment.
The providers contracted
NRS healthcare - supply of equipment
Atlas Lifts Aberdeen - supply of equipment and maintenance
2. Joint equipment store run by health and social care Moray
3. NRS Healthcare - Start Date 06/04/2017 Expired 04/04/2021 * NOTE - currently looking at options with Commissioning to extend further due to COVID or put a new non advertised contract in place with the supplier
Atlas lifts - Start Date 1/05/2018 Expires 30/04/2022 (with an option to extend for a further 12 months)
Telecare equipment - Scotland Excel Technology Enable Care Framework- Start Date 01/01/2019 Expires 31/12/2021 (further option to extend of 12 months)
Telecare call handling - Aberdeen City Council - Fixed community Alarm Scheme - Start Date 04/04/2016 Expires 31/03/2022
4. and 7.
OT Aids Servicing
OT Minor Adaptations
5. All local authority funded
6. Telecare is included in the current community equipment service