FOI Request - Council House Complaints
I am writing under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. I would like the following information:
1. The following details of complaints made by residential tenants of properties owned and leased by the council (properties known as 'council houses') for the years 2017 - 2021 (as up to date as possible for 2021) in relation to structural issues, maintenance issues and environmental issues (see definitions below for guidance).
- The date the complaint was made.
- The description of the complaint or issue. ie "Mould" or "Broken Fridge"
- The outcome of the complaint (ie 'Solved', 'Pending' or 'Not Resolved').
- The date the outcome was reached/finalised.
- If a complaint was resolved, please provide a brief description of how ie "Fridge Replaced".
- If a complaint is "pending". please provide a brief description as to why ie "Parts on order"
'Structural Issues' encompasses such cases as:
- Repairs being required on doors, carpets, fittings, windows, locks etc.
- Replacements being required on doors, carpets, fittings, windows, locks etc.
- A ceiling or wall partially or fully collapsing.
- A ceiling or wall in need of repair or maintance.
'Maintenance Issues' encompasses such cases as:
- Issues with the central heating or other heating systems within a property
- Issues with the electrics, plumbing or gas systems within a property.
- Repairs being required to the electrics, plumbing or gas systems within a property.
- Repairs to any white-goods and kitchen appliances provided by the council within the property ie fridge and oven.
'Environmental Issues' encompasses such cases as:
- The presence of different kinds of mould within a property.
- The presence of damp within in a property.
- The presence of other types of biological matter that would not typically be found in a property. For example: plants growing within walls, moss forming or mushrooms spawning.
- The presence of insects and animals within in a property such as ants, cockroaches or rats.
- The presence of asbestos within a property.
To collate this information would require individual examination of all complaints and as such we are not able to comply with your request in accordance with section 12 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 'excessive cost'.