FOI Request - Deaths With No Next Of Kin
Please could you kindly send me any information you may hold relating to persons who are/were known to the Council via any of the following teams and who have died with:
- no known next of kin (defined as blood relatives) OR
- where you have been unable to engage with or locate any KNOWN next of kin,
Please provide details of cases that have occurred or come to your attention since 1/11/20 to the day of your reply or as close as possible.
The name of the team responsible varies, but exists within all councils:
• GUARDIANS / GUARDIANSHIP (the usual team name in Scotland)
• Adult social care
• Client Finance Team
• Financial Assessment
• Other team name whereby Council official(s) were charged with handling the financial affairs of the (now deceased) person.
Please provide as much of the following information as you can:
1. full names of deceased persons,
2. dates of death,
3. marital status,
4. maiden surnames of married or widowed females,
5. dates of birth or ages at death,
6. last known addresses,
7. estimated value of estates,
8. date(s) when the information was passed (or information that
is about to be or likely to be passed) to any other 3rd party, and confirm who the third party concerned is / will be.