FOI Request - FOI and Complaints Services
Freedom of Information/Environmental Information Regulations
1. In which department/directorate and service are your advisers on FOI/EIR located?
2. Which director has overall responsibility for the Council’s FOI/EIR service?
3. If different, in which department/directorate and service are your administrators for FOI/EIR located (e.g. customer services)?
4. What IT system do you use for recording and reporting on FOIs/EIRs?
5. Do you publish responses to FOI/EIR on your website?
6. What other governance or information management subjects do your FOI/EIR advisers advise upon (e.g. subject access requests, GDPR,
7. Which team or officers handle Information Commissioner cases on FOI/EIR?
8. If your FOI/EIR advisers offer advice to other bodies (e.g. parish councils, schools), please state which kinds of bodies are advised:.
9. In which department/directorate and service does your Complaints Service sit?
10. Which director has overall responsibility for the Council’s Complaints Service?
11. If different, in which department/directorate and service are your administrators on Complaints located?
12. What IT system do you use for recording and reporting on complaints?
13. Which team or officers handle Ombudsman cases?
14. If your Complaints Officers offer advice to other bodies (e.g. parish councils, other authorities), please state which kinds of bodies are
15. To which bodies within the council is FOI/EIR performance reported (e.g. directorate leadership teams, senior leadership team, scrutiny
16. To which bodies within the Council is Complaints performance reported (e.g. directorate leadership teams, senior leadership team,
1. Education, Communities and Organisational Development
2. Denise Whitworth, Deputy Chief Executive, Education, Communities and Organisational Development
3. An administrator in each department is responsible for managing requests allocated by the central FOI Team, alongside their other duties.
4. Lagan CRM
5. Yes, please find a link to the web page here http://www.moray.gov.uk/moray_standard/page_62338.html
6. The FOI team handle Access to Information requests, including subject access requests, proof of life enquiries and missing person alerts. The Records and Heritage Manager is also the Data Protection Officer and advises on GDPR.
7. The FOI Team collaboration with the Legal Department and relevant departments.
8. The FOI Team coordinate requests for the Moray Integration Joint Board as well as all Council departments and services.
9. Education, Communities and Organisational Development Directorate / Governance, Strategy and Performance Service
10. Chief Executive.
11. All departments have a complaint administrator to manage their respective complaints.
12. Lagan CRM
13. Complaints Officer has an overview of all SPSO enquiries. Respective Departments deal with SPSO enquiries relating to complaints they handled through the Complaint Handling Procedure.
14. Community Councils, Circles Advocacy.
15. Statistics are sent to the Chief Executive’s Office as well as the Council’s Information Assurance Group.
16. Corporate Management Team, Policy and Resources Committee, Audit and Scrutiny Committee.