FOI Request - Playground Inspection Numbers and Management
I am interested in knowing about the Council's digitisation of Playground inspections, as per the Government's push for Local Councils to move to a digital approach for managing its assets and tasks, and its affect on budgets.
1. I would like to know how many Playground and/or Play Area inspections are carried out each week for Playgrounds / Play Areas you are responsible for?
2. Also, are these inspections completed by an in-house Council team or are they conducted by a contracted 3rd party company?
3. Does the Council use digital play inspection software for recording and managing these inspections?
4. If yes, which software is used and how much does it cost the Council on an annual basis for this solution.
1. No inspections weekly - 123 sites, 747 individual items inspected monthly.
2. Monthly inspections carried out in house, independent annual inspection by third party.
4. In accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 please be advised that costs are not available as they are part of a larger asset management software package called CONFIRM.