FOI Request - Animal Welfare in Lockdown
1. For the two periods (a) April, May and June 2019 and (b) April, May and June 2020 please provide the numbers of the following:
• How many pet dogs and cats of people admitted to hospital or who died, were taken into care by the Local Authority or were arranged by the Local Authority to be taken into care? (Please provide the number of dogs and the number of cats as separate figures.)
• How many stray dogs were dealt with?
• How many service requests did the dog warden/animal welfare team receive?
• How many complaints about noisy dogs were received?
• How many animal welfare complaints about a) dogs and b) cats were received?
• How many dogs were microchipped in council-supported programmes?
• How many 21-day notices were issued to dog owners who had failed to accurately microchip their dog?
2. Did the Local Authority provide or facilitate a dog walking service for residents shielding from COVID-19?
3. Did the Local Authority provide any other additional animal welfare service for residents shielding from COVID-19?
4. Have any animal welfare staff tested positive for COVID-19?
|a) 2019||b) 2020|
|Dog / Animal Health Service Requests||85||90|
In accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 we can confirm that no records of cats or dogs being taken into care due to hospital admissions are held, and that welfare complaints about cats are not recorded.
No 21-day notices were issued to dog owners who had failed to accurately microchip their dog
3. In accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 we can confirm that this information is not held