FOI Request - Student Discounts, Council Tax
Please advise: -
1) - How many student discounts have been applied by the authority for the 2018/19 and 2019/20 financial years? For clarity I would like this broken down by numbers of CLASS N Exemption and numbers of individual Student Disregard Discounts applied.
2) - What evidence of being a full-time university student does the authority require to satisfy the application for student disregard discount?
3) - What evidence do the authority require to apply a Class N discount to a property?
Class N - (1) A dwelling which is either–
(a) occupied by one or more residents all of whom are students;
(b) occupied only by one or more students as term time accommodation;
4) - Does the authority accept or engage in any digital/online validation of evidence of being a full-time university student? If “Yes” please provide information about how this happens and with which Universities.
5) – Does the authority rely on any lists of full-time student supplied by universities and in which case please state which institutions provide this method
1) Class N Exemption is not applied in Scotland, as such in accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 we can confirm that the requested information is not held.
2) Declaration of the number of occupants in the household is done validation of named student on list provided by educational establishment. Confirmation letter of student status provided by student. Reverse of application completed by relevant educational establishment.
3) Class N Exemption is not applied in Scotland, as such in accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 we can confirm that the requested information is not held.
4) Yes - the Council accept confirmation of student status letter produced digitally by the student.
5) Yes. Moray College UHI.