FOI Request Mobile Phone Parking
Please tell me:
1. Does the council utilise a cashless payment system in its car parks – for example, offering people parking the ability to pay via their smartphones?
2. What is the name of the system/smartphone app(S)?
3. How many times has the system/app been used in the following years: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 so far?
4. How much cash has the council paid to the owners of the systems/apps for each of the above years?
5. How many times has the traditional method of payment (eg putting money into a machine) been used across all of the authority’s car parks in the above years, and how much money has been generated for the council from people paying for parking in council car parks for the above years?
1. No the Council does not operate a cashless payment system.