FOI Request Teachers on Long-Term Sick Leave
I would like to know:
1. How many teachers under your council have taken long-term sick leave in 2017?
- Can you tell me how long each teacher took off, please? If this information is too dense, can you categorise the number of teachers who took long-term sick leave by the specific time period taken off, i.e. 5 teachers were off for between 4 - 6 weeks; 8 teachers were off for between 6 - 8weeks etc. and so forth.
- Can you tell me the reason given for taking long-term sick leave in each case please? Again, if this is too dense, can you simply categorise the numbers by reason for long-term sick leave i.e. 6 teachers took long-term sick leave because of depression etc. And so forth.
2. Can you please tell me the total number of teachers who took long-term sick leave for EACH of the five years prior to this please, from 2012 to 2016?
- Can I have these numbers given for each individual year, not clumped together, please?
|Taken from Workforce Profiling Annual reports - covering 1 Nov - 31 Oct|
|Long term sick leave classed as over 4 weeks|
|Q1a||63 Teachers on Long term sick in 2017 (1 Nov 16 - 31 Oct 17)|
|Q1b||Range of time off|
|6 -8 weeks||5|
|16 - 20 weeks||3|
|20 - 24 weeks||3|
|24 - 26 weeks||3|
|26 weeks +||7|
|Blood Pressure High/Low|
|Heart Attack/Heart Problems|
|Road Traffic Accident|
The information provided above is all of the reasons staff members gave for taking sick leave, however, combined with the other information provided individuals may be identifiable, so for reasons with numbers less than 10 we have exempted the information under Section 38(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002- Personal Information.
|Q2||Total number of Teachers on Long Term sick for each year below|