FOI Request Markets and Fur
1. Does your Local Authority own or manage any markets, fairs, festivals, or other events, where there are trading stalls; whether permanent, occasional, regular, outsourced or managed by another body?
2. If so, can you please list them?
3. Does your Local Authority have an Animal Welfare Charter?
4. a. (if yes) Please supply a copy
b. (if no) Would you be happy to receive examples of other Local Authority Animal Welfare Charters?
5. Do you allow stall holders at your markets to sell real fur? (including small items such as knitted hats with fur bobbles, or key rings with fur trims etc.)
6. a . (if you have them) Please supply copies of policies/agreements covering this subject.
b. (if you don’t have them) Would you be happy to receive a recommended form of words to include in policy documents and stallholder agreements?
7. Could you please send me the contact details of the portfolio holder or committee chair whose remit includes markets?
- The Council gives permissions and licenses to markets in Moray. The Council itself does not own or manage any of these markets.
- As per question 1 the Council does not own or manage any markets.
- Nothing kept within Environmental Health.
- I can confirm that Trading Standards have no role to play as to policy on allowing the sale of ‘real fur’ items on local Markets.
- This would be chair of Economic Development & Infrastructure who is Cllr John Cowe. John.firstname.lastname@example.org