FOI Request Sexual Harassment
I would like to know the following:
1. How many official complaints have been made regarding sexual harassment in the workplace within your council in the last 12 months?
2. Can you specify the exact workplace in which each complaint was made – meaning the specific council department or council-owned workplace i.e. a school/a harbour office etc.?
3. Can you break this figure down into the exact forms of harassment that allegedly occurred – i.e. verbal, physical etc.?
4. Can you tell me what action was taken regarding each of the complaints? I.e. was there a dismissal, a warning given, and investigation instigated etc.?
5. How many complaints were made regarding sexual harassment in the workplace within your council in each of the three years prior to this? And for this, can I have a separate total for the three individual years – not simply a single lump sum.
6. Can you tell me your official complaints procedure for workers regarding sexual harassment?
1. We have not had any official complaints from the workforce in relation to sexual harassment specifically during the last 12 months. We have undertaken significant work in recent years to improve our workforce culture with a focus on minimising instances of bullying/harassment.
5. No official complaints.
6. We have a policy entitled “Bullying and Harassment" which covers all forms of harassment in the workplace not exclusively that of an alleged sexual nature.