FOI Request Council Art Purchases
1. We would like to know what artworks the council has purchased in the financial years 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16 and 2016/17. This covers artworks such as paintings, drawings, prints, sculptures etc.
2. For each artwork we would like to know how much the council spent on it, the name of the artwork, the name of the artist and where it currently resides, for example on public display in a town hall, in the mayor's private office, in storage etc.
3. We would also like to know what artworks were sold in the same period. We would like to know the name of the artwork, the name of the artist, how much the artwork was sold for, and where possible when the artwork was bought, how much it was bought for, when it was sold and who it was sold to.
Please provide the information in an excel spreadsheet.
1. No we have not purchased any artworks.
2. Council commissioned on behalf of the Castle to Cathedral to Cashmere Partnership sculptures.
|The Council contributed funding towards the overall partnership without specific allocation towards art work.|
|Name of Artist||Name of Artwork||Location||Total cost including design fee, manufacture & installation|
|Sculpture A||Alan Herriot||Elgin's Town Drummer||Behind St Giles Church, Elgin||52,360|
|Sculpture B||David Annand||Wolf of Badenoch||West end of Elgin High Street||51,350|
|Sculpture C||Vik Quickly||Dandy Lion||In front of St Giles Church, Elgin||7,750|