FOI Request Accounts Payable
1. Does the council outsource their transactional services to another authority or shared service?
2. Which Finance system is used by the authority (Oracle, Agresso, Sage, E-Financial, SAP etc.)
3. Has this finance system been used for the last 6 years?
a. If no, what finance system was previously in place?
b. When did this system change take place?
4. Please state the total number of Accounts Payable invoices processed by the authority in the last financial year (16/17)
5. Please provide a breakdown of the total value of Accounts Payable invoices (3rd party supplier spend) for each of the last 6 years.
6. How many active suppliers are currently on the Supplier Masterfile?
7. How many inactive suppliers are currently on the Supplier Masterfile?
8. Is 3rd party pre-payment software utilised by the authority to prevent invoice payment errors from occurring?
a. If so, please provide contract period
9. Over the last 6 years, please state the name(s) of all external organisation(s) used to review Accounts Payable transactions and identify and recover erroneous payments (Duplicates, Overpayments, VAT input errors or credits on statements), and the period(s) reviewed by each.
a. Please state the total value of moneys recovered by each provider in the period(s) reviewed.
b. Please state the total amount paid to any external parties/ total cost to of utilising these services, for this review work.
10. Do you use any external provider to ensure invoices correlate to the
contract charges i.e. checking volume discounts have been applied (please
a. What % fee or rates does the authority pay for this service?
11. Please provide a contact list for finance & procurement departments at the authority
12. What internal controls does the authority have to prevent payment errors occurring (3 way matching, no PO no PAY, invoice scanning etc.)
13. Does the authority conduct supplier statement reconciliation exercises on any suppliers?
a. If so, what selection criteria is adhered to?
2. Advanced business solutions – E5
5. 11/12 £115,269,201
7. 21,851 (disabled)
a. 28/11/17 to 27/11/20 (renewal)
9. Fiscal from 28 November 2014
a. No monies recovered, system stops duplicates before payment
b. Circa £24K for 3 years (as per contract register)
11. email@example.com or 01343 563137
12. We use a number of internal procedures including 3 way matching, supplier code of conduct, online authorisation of order, bank account checks, etc