FOI Request Apprenticeships (3)
Please send me your response to the following questions:
1. On average, between the period of the 30th September 2016 – 1st October 2017,
a. What was your headcount of employees?
b. What was your headcount of apprentices?
c. What was your headcount of apprentices, that had a disability?
2. In the period between 30th September 2016 – 1st October 2017,
a. How many apprenticeship starts were made during this period?
b. How many apprenticeship starts were made during this period by people that had a disability?
c. How many people applied for your apprenticeships, that had a disability?
d. How many people received interviews for your apprenticeships, that had a disability?
e. How many people were unsuccessful in securing your apprenticeships, that had a disability?
3. In the next year, do you have any plans to increase the number of apprentices you employ that have a disability?
3. Do you currently offer any support initiatives to help enable disabled people to access your apprenticeships?
4. If yes, what are these initiatives?
Gov.UK definition of disability - You’re disabled under the Equality Act 2010 if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a ‘substantial’ and ‘long-term’ negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities.
What ‘substantial’ and ‘long-term’ mean
• ‘substantial’ is more than minor or trivial, eg it takes much longer than it usually would to complete a daily task like getting dressed
• ‘long-term’ means 12 months or more, eg a breathing condition that develops as a result of a lung infection
Gov.UK definition of apprentice - Apprentices are aged 16 or over and combine working with studying to gain skills and knowledge in a specific job.