FOI Request EV Charging Points
1. How many total EV charging points are installed in the council area.
2. How many EV charging points are rapid chargers?*
3. How many EV charging points are fast chargers?**
4. How many EV charging points are slow chargers?***
5. What percentage of charging points are used at least once per day?
6. What percentage of charging points are used at least once per week?
7. What percentage of charging points are used at least once per month?
8. How many charging units has Moray Council installed in the past 5 years?
9. How many charging units is Moray Council planning to install in the next 5 years?
* Rapid chargers are divided in two sections – AC and DC. Currently available Rapid AC chargers are rated at 43kW, while Rapid DC are typically 50kW. Both will charge an EV to 80% in around 30 minutes. There are two different main connector types for Rapid DC chargers – CCS and CHAdeMO – though additionally, Tesla Superchargers are also Rapid DC and currently charge at around 120kW.
** Fast chargers cover those with 7kW and 22kW power outputs, which typically charge an EV in 3-4 hours.
*** Slow units (up to 3kW) are best for overnight charging and usually take between 6 and 12 hours for a pure-EV, or 2-4 hours for a PHEV.
9) 2 (1 Rapid and 1 Fast) to be installed during 2017/2018 (The installation of all chargers in Moray has been grant funded by Transport Scotland)