FOI Request Positions of Responsibility
1. How many special responsibility positions for councillors are there within your council?
2. What are the special responsibility positions?
3. What is the allocation of special responsibility positions per political party?
4. What is the remuneration for each special responsibility position?
1. The Council has ten positions of special responsibility and in addition pays an allowance for two positions relating to appointments to Joint Boards.
2. The special responsibility positions are:
Leader of the Council
Convener of the Council
Chair Audit and Scrutiny
Chair Children and Young People
Chair Economic Development and Infrastructure
Chair Planning and Regulatory Services
Co - leaders of the largest opposition group (2)
Convener Grampian Valuation Joint Board
Joint Chair Moray Integration Joint Board
3. The numbers of special responsibility positions per political party are:
Conservative 4, Independent 4, Scottish National Party 4.
4. The remuneration for each special responsibility position is
Leader of the Council £28,213
Convener of the Council £21,160
Chair Audit and Scrutiny £21,160
Chair Children and Young People £21,160
Chair Communities £21,160
Chair Economic Development and Infrastructure £21,160
Chair Licensing £21,160
Chair Planning and Regulatory Services £21,160
Co - leaders of the largest opposition group (2) £19,043.50 each
Joint Chair Moray Integration Joint Board £20,103 – see note 1 below
Convener Grampian Valuation Joint Board £2,116.50 – see note 2 below
Note 1: The Councillor appointed to the post is effectively in the position of vice convener at this time and is remunerated at the rate applicable to the vice convener of a joint board.
Note 2: The legislation provides that a convener of a joint board should receive remuneration, which when added to their existing remuneration equals £21,160 (2017/18 rates). The convener of the Grampian Valuation Joint Board (GVJB) is already being paid a responsibility allowance in Moray Council. The additional amount accruing to the post of convener GVJB is £2,116.50. This amount will be re-imbursed to the Council by the GVJB.