FOI Request Menu Breaches
1. The number of menu description* breaches / non compliance recorded at establishments such as restaurants and takeaways inspected in 2016/17 (to date), 2015/16, 2014/15 and 2013/14.
2. Details of the aforementioned establishments including their name and details of the breach / problems found.
a. if possible, please split these into which area of menu description rules was breached - i.e. was it mislabelled as home-made, vegetarian etc.
3. the number of establishments that failed to accurately declare food allergens on their menus (including risks of cross-contamination) in 2016/17 (to date), 2015/16, 2014/15 and 2013/14.
4. Details of the aforementioned establishments including their name and details of the breach / problems found.
5. The total number of establishments under your remit.
* based on trading standards rules, there are regulations about when labelling something 'home-made,' 'fresh,' or 'vegetarian' etc., as well as rules on labelling foods as genetically modified.
This information is exempt under the Section 12 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002- Excessive cost of compliance. The department advises that over this time frame they have inspected 816 premises. For each of the 816 records it would take approximately 5 minutes per record to check and see if it meets the criteria of the request and then further time to record this information which means that to retrieve this information would take over the £600 limit.