Appendix 2 Health Checks on Prospective Kinship Carers
Health Checks on Prospective Kinship carers
- The proposed carer should read and sign Statement on the health of the Kinship Carer (form available on Sharepoint). That gives permission and details of GP’s name and address.
- The worker should send appendix 3 to Dr Helen Green, Medical Advisor. Address on letter.
- Dr. Green will send the letter, statement and claim form to the GP
- GP would complete and return the statement and claim form to Helen Green.
- Dr. Green will make her comment/ observation and process the claim for payment.
- She will keep a copy for file.
- She will send original back to Worker for the file.
- There s currently no statutory requirement to routinely update this medical. However if medical concerns arise, it may be advisable to request a medical opinion.
Problems / amendments required to LAC Manual?
Please contact Linda Pearce