Animal Services - Pest Control
The Moray Council has a duty in terms of The Prevention of Damage by Pests Act 1949, to ensure that infestations of rats and mice are eradicated (this does not mean, however, that we will carry out the work or make arrangements for the work to be carried out).
It is, generally speaking, either the owner or the occupier of the land who is responsible for ensuring that infestations are eradicated.
Services we Provide
We do provide a Pest Control service to treat a variety of pests including:
- wasps and other insects.
We would also be happy to give advice to individuals wishing to treat pest problems themselves.
Services we do not Provide
We do not provide a service to treat problems with foxes, moles, rabbits, birds or bats.
Read more about seagulls and wild birds.
In order to request a Pest Control Service you will need to include the following information:
- The type of pest you are experiencing the problems with (Ants, Bees/Wasps, Fleas, Flies/Silverfish/Other Insects, Mice/Rats)
- The location of the pests
- If there difficulties in access (e.g. height, confined spaces, etc.
- Your contact details (Name, Address incl. post code, telephone number, Email address)
- Whether you are a tenant of The Moray Council