Housing Options Guide-5c

Moving into owner occupation

Low cost initiative for first time buyers (LIFT)

The Scottish Government’s LIFT scheme gives help to people who would like to buy their home, but cannot afford to pay the full price for a property.  The LIFT scheme is available to disabled people as well as first time buyers.  Disabled applicants to the scheme do not have to be a first time buyer to qualify, but do need to show that their current property no longer meets their needs.  

Grampian Housing Association
Huntly House
74 Huntly Street
AB10 1TD

Phone: 01224 202900
E-mail: info@grampianhousing.co.uk
Website: Grampian Housing Association (web)

Housing Options Scotland

Housing Options Scotland is a charity that offers free help, information, advice and support to disabled people and their families to assist them in finding a suitable home.     

More information is available on the Housing Options Scotland website or by contacting;

Housing Options Scotland
The Melting Pot
5 Rose Street
EH2  2PR

Phone: 0131 247 1400
E-mail: info@housingoptionsscotland.org.uk

Buying sheltered accommodation

Most sheltered accommodation is rented but sometimes you can buy sheltered housing (as long as it does not belong to a local authority).

View further details on the Age UK website.

Moving into rented housing

Housing associations (Registered Social Landlords)

Some Housing Associations specialise in the provision of particular needs housing such as Hanover Housing Association, Castlehill Housing Association and Blackwood Homes, but most have stock which is barrier free, or amenity, or wheelchair accessible in many locations across Moray.  Your housing needs will be assessed through the housing association’s medical assessment procedure.

Our housing

We have adapted, level access, barrier free, wheelchair accessible, and sheltered properties in a variety of locations across Moray.  Find out how to apply in the apply4homes website.
Your needs will be assessed separately through our functional assessment procedure.

More information can be found by clicking the following link: Housing Functional Assessment.

Rate this Page