The Nelson Tower
The Nelson Tower, Grant Park, Forres
Nelson Tower is now managed by the Forres Heritage Trust.
Opening Times and Admissions
Seasonal May to September - Daily 2.00 to 4.00 pm
Admission to the museum is free. Closed on public holidays.
Get a bird's-eye view of Forres!
- Overlooks the town from the summit of Cluny Hill
- Commemorates Nelson and the Battle of Trafalgar
- Affords spectacular views of the town and Findhorn Bay
- Photographic display
- Has a Museum Friends organisation
- Custodian to provide guided tours
- Free parking at Grant Park car park
The tower is a short walk (ten to fifteen minutes) from the car park up to the top of Cluny Hill, along well maintained paths. When you get to the tower you will be able to climb the 96 steps to the viewing area on the roof. Please take care inside the tower as the floor and stairs have uneven stone surfaces.