Lord-Lieutenant of Moray
The Lord-Lieutenant of Moray is Grenville Johnston Esq OBE TD CA who was appointed Her Majesty's representative in Moray in 2005. The Clerk to the Lieutenancy is the Chief Executive of the Moray Council.
The duties of Lord-Lieutenants include:
- Co-ordinating visits by members of the Royal Family to the Counties
- Co-ordinating nominations to the Royal Garden Parties. Nominations are provided by the Depute Lieutenants of Moray and the Moray Council and cover people from all walks of life, particularly those who carry out public or voluntary work .
- The presentation of medals and awards on behalf of Her Majesty.
- Arranging for representatives to be present at War Memorials on Remembrance Sunday.
- Diamond Weddings and 100th Birthdays
- Liaison with the Services i.e. Royal Navy, Army and Royal Air Force
View or download a poster (PDF) showing the Lord-Lieutenant, Vice Lord-Lieutenant, Deputy Lieutenants and Clerk.