FOI Request - Home Schooling
1. Please state the total number of children home schooled (for part or all of the year) in your council area in each of the following school years: a) 2009-10 b) 2010-11, c) 2011-12, d) 2012-13, e) 2013-14 and f) 2014-15
2. For each year above, please provide all statistical information held relating to the home schooled children (such as a breakdown of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, SEN status, the reason for home schooling, and any other category recorded.)
3. Please send a copy of your policy on how you assess the quality of home education and how often an assessment is made.
1. 2012-13 - 26
2013-14 - 28
2014-15 - 35
Information requested for 2009-10, 2010-11 and 2011-12 is not held and is therefore exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
2. The information requested is exempt under Section 36(2) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, confidentiality. We can however confirm that the details we record are -
• Childs Name
• Parents Name
• Home Address
• Email Contact
• Telephone Contact
• Reason Home Educated
• Date Request to Home Educate
• Date Consent Provided
• Date of Annual Review
• Date Home Education Ceased
3. A copy of The Moray Council - Home Education Policy can be found here. (Policy currently under review).
An annual review of every case takes place. The review can take the form of a home visit, meeting at an alternative venue, a written update or telephone contact.